Wednesday, February 3, 2010

One 8 YEAR old & one 8 MONTH old

Life in our household has been very adventurous lately as both boys have experienced new milestones.


Jeff is an amazing big brother to Grant and I am amazed at the boost in his maturity and independence levels. Recently he has made a new friend that is a grade ahead of him and on the weekends those 2 are inseparable. A few days ago as I was waiting for him after school he opened the car door to ask if he could walk home with his friend. This is the same kid that HATES to exercise. Although the school is only a few blocks from the house I was hesitant but let him go anyway. You know I couldn't just drive straight home, right? I had to follow him a bit...hehe. He's also been spending more time outdoors, which is a plus! I've come to the realization that I need to let the reins go just a bit and let him be the big boy that he is turning in to.

Grant has also hit some new milestones; although, crawling is not one of them yet. On most days putting him on his tummy results in him laying his head down and fussing. Today he finally showed some interest and scooted around in circles on the floor. He would much rather be standing and working on his balance and occasionally taking a few steps forward while holding our hands. Another thing he loves to do is eat! These days it seems he spends most of the day in his high chair eating....and not baby food. He wants the food off of my plate. He's had baked chicken, steamed squash, biscuits, spaghetti, crackers, and yogurt. The yogurt he is not so sure about yet. His new favorite game is peek-a-boo...either with a blanket covering his head or he just closes his eyes to hide himself. We say 'Where's Grant?' when he hides. Today he closed his eyes and said 'Gant?'. Oh, just made my heart melt!


As for Shane and I we have been roommates lately. He goes one way and I go the other...sometimes we stop to say hi to each other. One of these days we will have some time to ourselves.



Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Lilypie
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker