Thursday, January 7, 2010

7 months - first tooth!

Our littlest angel is growing up fast! I discovered his first tooth on Jan 4th when he was drinking from my glass. The 'clinking' sound from his tooth hitting the glass was how I knew it was there. He has had much pain from this tooth coming through and I have a hunch the other bottom one will be showing up soon.

He has 3 meals of solid foods on most days and his favorite foods are homemade sweet potatoes and the Winter Squash baby food. He also loves to chew on crackers. Unlike his big brother at this age, he does not like bananas and will not drink any kind of juice; I mix both in his cereal for breakfast. I guess I can't complain that he prefers water over juice! The only fruit he will eat is avocado (yes, it's a fruit...I always thought it was a veggie).

His last weigh in at his 6 month doctor visit was 21 pounds so by now I'm sure he's at 22 or 23. He wears size 2T shirts and 18 month pants.....at 7 months old! Big boy!!

I am trying to transition him from our bed back to his but have not been successful so far since he wakes multiple times at night from teething. The good news is that he will take naps in his bed so at least some progress is being made. I've gotten used to being able to function during the day on about 6 hours of interrupted sleep; I might sleep for days without waking if given the opportunity to actually sleep at night I'm afraid.

We are so proud of Grant and his brother Jeff! Hoping that on the next update Grant will be crawling. :)











No comments:

Lilypie
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker